Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 3 of 30

Good morning! I woke up early and decided to start my day off with some yoga which focused on flexibility and stamina. I feel great after completing the practice, like I always do, but when I woke up this morning I was definitely feeling it in my thighs. I decided that in each blog I would write about one yoga posture. My current favorite posture is Pigeon Pose. Even though I would consider myself to be an advanced beginner I am still a beginner and I don't want to misinform the 1 or 2 people who read this blog so I am going to cut and paste some reliable information on this pose.

Type of pose: Hip opener, Backbend

Benefits: Stretches the thighs, groins, back, and psoas. Opens the chest and shoulders.

Instructional Video: Pigeon Pose Video

No comments:

Post a Comment